All CHiBi faculty are active in graduate student training. Prospective students should look at the Faculty pages for more details on individual research programs.
Interdisciplinary training opportunities closely aligned with CHiBi include graduate programs in Genome Science and Technology and Bioinformatics. In addition, prospective students can apply directly through a variety of other departments listed below depending on their background and research interests.
- Graduate Program in Genome Science and Technology (GSAT): All CHiBi members are affiliated with this program. Funded research rotations and scholarship/tuition support are available to highly qualified students through an NSERC CREATE training grant.
- Graduate program in Bioinformatics: Drs. Pavlidis and Gsponer. Funded research rotations and scholarship support are available to highly qualified students through an NSERC CREATE grant.
- Graduate program in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Drs. Withers, Mayor, Gsponer, Foster.
- Graduate program in Chemistry: Dr. Withers
- Graduate program in Neuroscience: Drs. Pavlidis and Gsponer
- Graduate program in Physics and Astronomy: Dr. Hansen
- Graduate program in Electrical and Computer Engineering: Dr. Hansen
- Graduate program in Biomedical Engineering: Dr. Hansen
- Graduate program in Microbiology & Immunology: Dr. Hirst, Dr. Haney
An alternative view of the graduate training programs affiliated with each faculty member:
(“●” indicates affiliation)