Bee IPM – Other Presentations
HUPO, Yokohama, Japan, September 2013.
• Biomarkers of social immunity in honey bees: real-world application of biomarkers in a marker-assisted selective breeding program. Foster LJ, Guarna MM, Moon K, White R, Smith D, Huxter E, Higo H, Hoover SE, Ibrahim A, Currie R, Borchers CH, Pernal SF.
• Integration of ‘omics and phenotypic data to elucidate mechanisms of social immunity. Guarna MM, Bundala M, Moon K, White R, Parker R, Huxter E, Smith D, Melathopoulus AP, Pernal SF, Foster LJ.
Apimondia International Apicultural Congress, Kiev, Ukraine, September 2013.
• Proteomic marker-assisted selection to breed for resistance of American foulbrood. Hoover SER, Ibrahim A, Higo HA, Huxter E, Guarna MM, Foster LJ, Pernal SF.
Entomological Society of Canada, Guelph, ON, October 2013.
• If the old approach is not working use plan BEE: New techniques for old problems in the study bee diseases. Currie RW, Pernal SF, Hoover SE, Desai S, Huxter E, Higo H, Guarna MM, Foster LJ.
Department of Entomology Seminar Series, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, October 2013.
• To bee or not to bee: solving the puzzle of honey bee colony losses in Canada? Currie RW.
Canadian National Proteomics Network, Vancouver, BC, March 2013
• MRM-based biomarkers of social immunity in honey bees. Guarna MM, Moon K, White R, Smith D, Huxter E, Higo HA, Hoover SE, Ibrahim A, Currie R, Pernal SF, Borchers CH, Foster LJ.
Apimondia Symposium on Queen Breeding, Quebec City, November 2012.
• Status of honey bee pathogens across Western Canada. Hoover SER, Masson, AL, Melathopoulos AP, Ibrahim A, Currie RW, Higo HA, Huxter E, Guarna MM, Foster LJ, Pernal SF.
Entomological Society of America, Knoxville, TN, November 2012
• Proteomic marker-assisted selection in honey bees. Pernal SF, Hoover SER, Higo HA, Huxter E, Guarna MM, Foster LJ.
CSHL Translation Control meeting, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, September 2012.
• Regulation of dicistrovirus IRES-mediated reading frame selection. Wang QS, Lee SB, Ren Q, Jan E.
• Genome-wide investigation of translation during dicistrovirus infection. Bonderoff JM, Natrasany S, Jackson TJ, Spriggs RV, Burgonye NJ, Riley J, Willis AE, Foster LJ, Jan E.
• Structural determinants that direct IRES-mediated initiator Met-tRNA-independent reading frame selection. Ren R, Jan E.
ESM Annual Meeting, Winnipeg, MB, October 2012.
• The use of marker-assisted selection in breeding programs for traits associated with resistance to diseases and parasites in honey bees. Currie, RW, Pernal S, Higo H, Huxter E, Guarna M, Foster L.
American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Vancouver, BC, May 2012
• Proteomic analysis provides insight on the mechanism of social immunity in Honey bees. Parker R, Guarna MM, Melathopoulos AP, Moon K, White R, Huxter E, Pernal SF, Foster LJ.
US HUPO, San Francisco, CA, March 2012.
• Biomarker discovery and validation using quantitative proteomics. Guarna MM, Domanski D, Jackson A, Moon K, Yang J, Hoover S, White R, Pernal SF, Borchers CH, Foster LJ.
American Bee Research Conference, Greenbelt, MD, February 2012.
• Translating the meaning of the bee genome: protein expression profiling across castes and tissues reveals the mechanisms that distinguish workers, queens and drones. Foster LJF, Chan QWT, Higo H.
• Using quantitative proteomics to develop IPM tools for managing bee pathogens. Guarna MM, Hoover S, Melathopoulos AP, Pernal SF, Foster LJ.
• Next-generation Integrated Pest Management Tools for Beekeeping: Project Plans and Colony Surveys. Pernal SF, Hoover SE, Masson A. Melathopoulos AP, Currie RW, Huxter E, Higo H, Guarna MM, Foster LJ.
Canadian Beekeeping Symposium, Winnipeg, MB, January 2012.
• Identification and Application of Protein markers for Marker-assisted Selection of VSH and Hygienic Behaviour. Foster LJ.
• Next-generation Integrated Pest Management tools for Beekeeping. Hoover SER, Pernal SF, Melathopoulos A, Foster L, Guarna M, Huxter E, Higo H.
• Preliminary Economic Analysis of Honey Bee Mortality and Morbidity Risk Factors and their Financial and Social Costs: A Canadian Case Study. Bixby MA.
• The Biology, Disinfection and Chemotherapy of Nosema ceranae. Ibrahim A, Melathopoulos AP, Pernal SF.
• Screening Trial Report: Varroa Mite Control Products. Currie R.
• Deformed Wing Viruses (DWV): Can it be Managed? Desai S.
Joint Annual Meeting of AES and ESC, Halifax, NS, November 2011.
• Variability and correlations among traits associated with varroa mite resistance in a Canadian breeding population. Melathopoulos AP, Pernal SF, Guarna MM, Foster LJ.
International Symposium on Molecular Insect Science, Amsterdam, NL, October 2011.
• Proteomic characterization of Nosema ceranae and identification of key proteins in early infectious stages of nosemosis in honey bees. Van Haga A, Foster, LJ.
• Detecting Israel Acute Paralysis Virus in Honey Bee using Mass Spectrometry. Chan MMY, Gouw JW, Ren Q, Jan E, Foster LJ.
Apimondia 2011, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 2011.
• An IPM approach to improve bee health using tools discovered by quantitative proteomics. Guarna MM, Melathopoulus AP, Pernal SF, Foster LJ.
• Potential for Selection Using Protein Biomarkers for Disease and Varroa Resistance. Pernal SF, Melathopoulus AP, Guarna MM, Foster LJ.
EMBO: Protein Synthesis and Translational control, Heidelberg, Germany, September 2011.
• Alternative reading frames election mediated by a tRNA-like domain of an internal ribosome entry site. Ren Q, Wang QS, Firth AE, Chan MMY, Joost WG, Guarna MM, Foster LJ, Atkins JF, Jan E.
Ribowest, Prince George, BC, July 2011.
• Increased coding capacity within a subset of insect paralysis viruses mediated by a tRNA-like internal ribosome entrysite. Kim MJ, Wang QS, Jan E.
• Regulation of a novel +1 frame viral protein ORFx mediated by an internal ribosomal entry site. Wang QS, Jan E.
• Alternative reading frames election mediated by a tRNA-like domain of an internal ribosome entry site. Ren Q, Wang, QS, Firth AE, Chan MMY, Joost WG, Guarna MM, Foster LJ, Atkins JF, Jan E.
58th Annual Beaverlodge Beekeepers’ Field Day, Beaverlodge, AB, June 2011.
• Update on AAFC-UBC BeeIPM Project. Melathopoulos AP, Pernal SF.
CSHL Honey Bee Genomics & Biology, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, USA, May 2011.
• Proteomic profiling to discover markers of hygienic behaviour and Varroa-sensitive hygiene. Foster LJ.
• Increased coding capacity within the Israeli acute paralysis virus mediated by a novel translation mechanism via a tRNA like mimic. Ren Q, Wang, QS, Firth AE, Chan MMY, Joost WG, Guarna MM, Foster LJ, Atkins JF, Jan E.