Bee IPM – Invited Presentations
Managed pollinators, Guelph, ON, October 2013.
• Key research findings – mobilizing pollination research in Canada roundtable. Part II. Currie RW.
Apimondia International Apicultural Congress, Kiev, Ukraine, September 2013.
• Evaluating proteomic marker-assisted selection in honey bees. Pernal SF.
Eastern Apiculture Society Meeting, Pennsylvania, August 2013.
• High and low tech solutions to building better bees in Canada. Currie RW.
• Can we manage problems causing colony losses in Canada? Currie RW.
York University, Toronto, ON, June 2013.
• Proteomics in Honey Bees: Marker-Assisted Selection for Disease Resistance and Mechanisms of Social Immunity. Guarna MM.
University of Pisa, Italy, May 2013.
• Proteomics in honey bees: Marker-assisted selection of disease resistance and a honey bee protein atlas. Foster LJ.
Apimondia Symposium on Queen Breeding, Quebec City, November 2012.
• Marker-assisted selection in honey bees using proteins. Pernal SF.
• Impact of viruses on honey bee comb on the phenology of virus dynamics and impact of viruses on honey bee colony performance. Currie RW
• Protein profiling reveals molecular mechanisms of social immunity. Guarna MM.
• Comparative analysis of honey bee survival and immune response to co-infections of IAPV and N. ceranae using quantitative mass spectrometry based proteomics. Van Haga A.
Langley Beekeepers Club Symposium, Langley, BC, September 2012.
• Next Generation Integrated Pest Management for Beekeeping. Higo H.
• Honey bee pathogens in western Canada 2011-2012 – BEE IPM Survey. Hoover SER.
Ontario Beekeepers Association: Blueberry Pollination Workshop, Thunder Bay, Ontario, September 2012.
• The challenges of keeping bees for pollination in Northern Climates. Currie RW.
University of Winnipeg, Dept of Chemistry, MB, October 2012.
• The collapse of honey bee colonies: to bee or not to bee. Currie RW.
BCHPA Semi-annual meeting, Kamloops, BC, March 2012.
• Next-generation Integrated Pest Management tools for Beekeeping. Foster LJ.
Saskatchewan Beekeepers Association Annual Meeting, Regina, SK, December 2011.
• New approaches in the management of mites and viruses. Currie RW.
Entomology 2011, Reno, NV, November 2011.
• Application of proteomic techniques in entomology. Guarna MM.
ESC JAM 2011, Halifax, NS, November 2011.
• The status of honey bees and honey bee research in Canada. Currie RW.
Alberta Beekeepers Commission Annual General Meeting, Edmonton, AB, November 2011.
• Next generation IPM tools for beekeeping: An update of current and future project plans. Pernal SF.
BCHPA Educational Conference, Richmond, BC, October 2011.
• Next-generation Integrated Pest Management tools for Beekeeping. Hoover SER.
• The APIS project: New tools for bee breeding – relationships between resistance traits. Pernal SF.
Apimondia 2011, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 2011.
• Identification of markers of disease resistance using quantitative proteomics. Guarna MM.
• Next Generation IPM tools to Reduce Colony Losses. Beeologics Round Table. Guarna MM, Pernal SF.
OIE Symposium, 2011, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 2011.
• Proteomic studies of varroa resistance and viral infections. Guarna MM.
• Disinfection and Chemotherapy for Nosema ceranae. Pernal SF.
Genome BC Board Meeting, Vancouver, BC, September 2011.
• Can proteomics assist honey bee health? Foster LJ.
Workshop on Measuring Varroa-Resistant Traits, Duncan, BC, July 2011.
• Next-generation Integrated Pest Management tools for beekeeping (BeeIPM). Pernal SF.
Genome BC Forestry/Environment Forum, Whistler, BC, July 2011.
• Next-generation integrated pest management tools for beekeeping. Foster LJ.
Year of Science in Prince George, Prince George, BC, April 2011.
• Genomics and the plight of the honey bee. Foster LJ.